Thank you for choosing Safeeds Transport Inc LLC (“Safeeds Transport Inc”) for your vehicle’s transport. By using our services, you and the person or entity you represent accept all of the terms and conditions of service (“TERMS”) stated herein. In the event of a conflict between these TERMS and those in any other document, including a motor carrier bill of lading, tariff or service guide, or any other documents, these TERMS will supersede and control as between you and Safeeds Transport Inc. These TERMS cannot be modified by anyone except for Safeeds Transport Inc.
Please read Section 12. Arbitration carefully which requires arbitration to first resolve any claim that you may have against Safeeds Transport Inc.
- “Additional Services” means upgrades and additional services ordered by the Customer such as vehicle top-loading, guaranteed pick up date, covered transport, additional personal belongings, etc.
- “Bill of Lading” means a document provided by the Carrier to the Customer at delivery documenting the details of the Shipment and its condition, Point of Origin, Destination and other details regarding the Order. Bill of Lading can serve as a receipt or a contract between the Carrier and Customer.
- “Carrier” means a motor carrier of property, as defined at 49 U.S.C. §13102(14), duly licensed by State and/or Federal Department of Transportation, or a carrier of goods by sea pursuant to 46 U.S.C. § 30701.
- “Carrier Form” means a receipt, inspection report, Bill of Lading, shipping order or similar document provided by the Carrier at Point of Origin and/or Destination.
- “C.O.D.” means collect on delivery or payment on delivery.
- “Customer” means the individual, company or other entity, including its agents and representatives, ordering the transportation of Shipment.
- “Customer’s Agent” means an individual over the age of 18 designated by Customer to act on Customer’s behalf or as an agent.
- “Destination” means the Shipment drop off location designated by the Customer or as later modified by mutual agreement between Safeeds Transport Inc and Customer prior to delivery.
- “Inoperable” means a state or condition in which a Shipment cannot function or be driven for any reason including but not limited to its parts having been removed, altered, damaged or deteriorated such parts including but not limited to engine, transmission, wheels, steering mechanism, brakes, tires, etc.
- “Safeeds Transport Inc” means Safeeds Transport Inc LLC, its affiliates and subsidiaries. Safeeds Transport Inc is a transportation broker as defined at 49 U.S.C. § 13102(2), arranging for the transportation of freight through third party Carriers and is duly licensed by the Department of Transportation (DOT), and is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) under Docket No. MC-01462168 and/or other government agencies as may be required by law. Safeeds Transport Inc is not a Carrier.
- “Order” means Customer’s request for Safeeds Transport Inc to arrange for the transportation of Customer’s Shipment.
- “Order Confirmation” means any written confirmation from Safeeds Transport Inc to the Customer confirming the Customer’s Order and other details including but not limited to description of Shipment, Point of Origin, Destination, dates and quoted rate.
- “Point of Origin” means the Shipment pick up location designated by Customer or as later modified by mutual agreement between Safeeds Transport Inc and Customer prior to transport.
- “Shipment” means the Customer’s property — an automobile or motorized vehicle — arranged for transportation in accordance with these TERMS.
2. Terms and Conditions
Thank you again for choosing Safeeds Transport Inc for your vehicle shipment.By using our services, you accept all of the terms and conditions of service stated herein. In the event of a conflict between these terms and those in any other document, this will be supersede and control as between you and Safeeds Transport. These Terms cannot be modified by anyone except for Safeeds Transport Inc.
1. Company Responsibilities
- Upon Customer’s request, Safeeds Transport Inc will arrange for the transportation of Customer’s Shipment by Carrier subject to these TERMS. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order at any time.
- Customer understands and accepts that Safeeds Transport Inc operates only as a transportation broker, not a motor carrier or transporter.
- Safeeds Transport Inc shall provide customer with an estimated pick up and estimated delivery date, however, doesn’t guarantee on a specified time. Delays may occur prior to, and/or during the transport due to whether or road conditions, government regulations, mechanical problems, and other causes that are beyond company’s control. Customer understands and accepts that Safeeds Transport is not responsible to pay for your rental of a vehicle, nor shall it be liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
2. Customer Responsibilities
- Personal Property. Customer may leave personal items in the trunk which shall not exceed two hundred pounds (200 lbs) and must be confined to the trunk or storage area of the shipment. All personal items in the vehicle are places there at the owner’s risk, they are not covered by the truck’s insurance. Customer is advised not to leave any negotiable instruments, legal papers, jewelry, furs, money, cash or currency, or any valuable articles in the shipment.
- Prohibited Items. Customer understands and accepts that Customer is expressly prohibited from loading any explosives, guns, ammunition, weapons, flammable products, live pets, live plants, any contraband, drugs or narcotics, alcoholic beverages, and or any illegal goods in the Shipment. Customer understands and accepts that upon discovery, such prohibited items and/or the Shipment may be confiscated or disposed of by law enforcement, or the Carrier and the Order may be cancelled in entirety without any remuneration or compensation to Customer and Customer will be solely responsible for any fees, fines, damages, or other liabilities arising from a violation of this Section.
- If the carrier is unable to access the point of origin or destination, Customer agrees to meet the carrier at an alternate location in order for the carrier to safely pick up or drop off the shipment.
3. Fees, Payment and Cancellation
- Customer agrees to pay all amounts due in full for each Order and any Additional Services as per the terms of the Order Confirmation and these TERMS without any offsets, chargebacks or reductions by Customer for any actual, pending or unfiled claims, losses, delays, or damages. Payment for STI’s services is due when a Carrier accepts an Order as STI’s services have been rendered at that point.
- All payments for the balance due to Carrier for C.O.D. must be made on or before the delivery of Shipment in the form of cash, certified funds, cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Carrier. Customer WILL NOT use personal checks, debit or credit card when making payments to the Carrier.
- Customer may cancel an Order at any time at no cost or cancellation fees as long as the Order has not yet been accepted by a Carrier. If the order is canceled for any reason after a carrier accepts the Order, such reasons including but not limited to Customer canceling an Order, STI canceling an Order due to the Customer’s breach of these TERMS or if the Carrier is denied pick up of the Shipment for any reason when the Carrier arrives at the Point of Origin, then the Customer agrees to pay a minimum of two hundred dollars ($200) in cancellation fees as STI’s services have been rendered at that point.
- Cancellation of an Order by Customer must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Cancellations made via telephone, text, chat or any other medium will not be accepted by Safeeds Transport Inc.
4. Loss, Damage and Delay Claims
- Safeeds Transport Inc is a property transportation broker, therefore, is not and will not be liable for any cargo loss and damage claims for any reason.
- Trucking damage claims are covered by carrier from $100,000 up to $250,000 cargo insurance per load, and a minimum of 3/4 of a million dollars public liability and property damage. If Customer has a claim for loss or damage to a Shipment, then Customer understands and agrees that the party liable for all such claims is the Carrier and not STI, and it is Customer’s responsibility to file any claim directly with the Carrier who transported the Shipment at the time of delivery.
- Customer is hereby informed and understands that claims against motor Carriers are governed by federal law, the Carmack Amendment to the ICC Termination Act of 1995, 49 U.S.C. §14706, and claims against ocean Carriers are typically governed by the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act, 46 U.S.C. §30701. Customer is urged to seek independent legal advice (at Customer’s sole expense) on these laws in the event of a claim.